Severe Weather Procedures
When the whether turns snowy and the roads turn icy, PRB Schools implements the following procedures when dealing with weather-related closures.
1. The superintendent and transportation director confer on weather forecasts and current weather conditions. They also drive area rural roads to determine whether they are safe enough for bus travel.
2. If roads are determined not to be safe or forecasts are predicting unsafe conditions, the superintendent may dismiss early, start late, cancel classes or call an e-learning day.
3. As soon as a decision is made, the superintendent will:
– Send out an all call to parents via phone, text, and email.
– A message will be posted on the school FB account and website.
– Notify local radio and television stations.